Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Chapter 17: Luna Lovegood--In the fur

My husband is allergic to cats. Generally speaking, they make his throat close up and his nose stops working and he ends up asking someone to please just saw open his head. He failed to mention this to me for a very long time when we started dating. You see, I have a cat. A gorgeous, talkative, fetching (as in: she plays fetch) Siamese mix.

Isn't she pretty?

She is not a particularly social cat so I was quite surprised when she was suddenly doing a "My Boyfriend is here! My Boyfriend is here!" dance when Daniel started to come over and hang out. I mean hardcore. Like, forget I even existed-why the heck are you looking at me-don't pet me I'm with my boyfriend right now--levels of love there.

When I first got her as a tiny little kitten at the shelter I had planned for years to get a Siamese and call him/her Suay (pronounced S-way). It means beautiful in Thai and Siamese are Thai cats. But when I got her I just felt like she needed a book name. I like to name my animals after book characters. So Nymphadora Tonks aka Tonks she became.

We like to have a bit of a theme for animal names around here. The Geckos are all named after characters from a show called Firefly except the one we recently adopted from some friends and she already had a name. So when we started discussing possible puppy names we new we wanted a literary character name to match the other mammal pet. We threw around names like Lucy from The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe but ultimately decided to stick with Harry Potter. Thus--Luna Lovegood. We ended up picking that because even though she is adorable and looks like an Ewok now, she will be totally Wheaten and blond once she grows up.

I attempted to upload a video but it's not quite working so here is a picture of our Luna on her trip home with us. I'll post some more updated pictures soon. She's at least 3 times this size now.


No comments:

Post a Comment